florrent is a Massachusetts-based, minority-owned deep-tech company innovating to design and build the next generation of high energy density ultracapacitors that will stabilize electrical grids and address critical bottlenecks for the adoption of renewable energies, electric vehicles, and net-zero buildings. Our ultracapacitors are manufactured in Western Massachusetts from abundant and regenerative hemp biomass, grown domestically in the US by Black and Indigenous farmers.
About the Culture
At florrent, we are passionate about bringing the benefits of a decarbonized future to everyone. That passion drives everything we do, and how we do it. We are building a team propelled by ambitious goals, and committed to seeing them come to reality…to reach those goals, we need to stay connected to what motivates us, and always be real about the challenges ahead.
Our R&D HQ is located on the UMass Amherst campus, and our Corporate HQ is within Greentown Labs, North America’s largest climatetech incubator, which is where the team that this role will be working with is based.
florrent is looking for a Marketing / Operations Intern, with experience working in a professional team setting supporting Sales / Marketing and/or Operations functions, to help us promote and optimize our next-generation ultracapacitors. In this role, you will
- Support a small, interdisciplinary team to promote operational efficiencies in a growing organization
- Establish and develop relationships with corporate, commercial, and investor contacts
- Research, analyze, and report on market data and insights
- Research, identify, and draft applications for both dilutive and non-dilutive funding opportunities
Don’t have all of the qualifications listed below? That’s okay, we still want to hear from you if you think there’s good alignment between you and florrent!
- Pursuing a BS, MS, or MBA in Business/Business Administration, Marketing, Supply Chain/Logistics, Data Analytics, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Management Information Systems or related fields
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Suite products
- Excellent and proactive communication skills
- Detail-oriented and task-driven behavioral skills
- Experience in or knowledge of the energy storage industry
- Experience with analytical tools such as Alteryx, Power BI, etc.